Sunday, September 23, 2007

Our SIXTH Anniversary




Six years ago at 4pm on September 22, Tim and I were married on the grounds of the Howard Steamboat Museum, a few feet away from the very spot where we met 8 years ago! It is SO hard to believe that this many years have passed! More often than not, it seems like we still just met; we've only been married a year or two....We think that is a good sign....we know each other so well now but yet we still discover things we never knew about one another. Tim still knows how to make me laugh hysterically and I can't imagine not sharing my life with this guy.


I can't say that our anniversary was as exciting as in years past but that is because A.) we were supposed to be at the Antique Advertising Show in Indy which ended up being the week before and B.) we are usually on our anniversary trip already!


So, with another week to wait for the trip to come, we just spent the day together doing necessary things and threw a few fun stops in the mix. The day started off in the attic digging out Christmas ornaments and trees if you can imagine. But with 28 (is that right now? I'm losing count!) trees to decorate I simply have to start early! So, we dug out three trees worth which ended up being a major undertaking! Who's idea was it to put the ones I needed now all the way in the very, very back of the attic? We're gonna have to plan better when we pack them away for next year!


Then on to Mall St. Matthews, Derby City Antique Mall, Big Lots for scrapbook finds, Half Price Books, Costco to get Tim's new sunglasses for the trip (Happy Birthday honey), Michael's to use TWO 50% off coupons, and dinner at one of my favorites, On the Border! We packed a lot into the day and still didn't get everywhere we had hoped.


It was nice to be together though and have a shopping buddy and chauffer!


The evening ended with us watching a "cult classic" from the DVD collection Tim picked up at Half Price Books called "Reefer Madness". I have nothing to say about that except it was indeed odd and I fell asleep before it ended!


Here's to many, many more years together....


No comments: