Sunday, September 23, 2007

Barbies are Evil, Evil, Evil!!!

Yes indeed! Let me warn you now readers about the dangers of Holiday Barbies Mint in Box. I innocently took one off the end of a shelf at mom's Friday night to show the painter some marks that were on the wall and needed to be touched up. Somehow, this led to the box falling out of my hand and landing on my big toe on my right foot where it then cut it open, blood spurting as I dashed out of the room screaming for my mother to bring me a towel quickly! I do vaguely remember saying a bad word and apologizing to the painter who was witness to the whole horrible tragedy.

Up to the kitchen where we did emergency first aid with first aid cream that expired in 2004 and a flexible band aid. The good thing was that while I was sitting on the kitchen floor with ice on my foot, I noticed that the baseboards of the kitchen cabinets needed a second coat and we were able to catch the painter just in the nick of time!

I decided to try driving myself home (this was of course my right foot that was injured) and got about 5 min down the road, the pain getting worse and worse and I could see some swelling under the band aid. So, with our approaching vacation I decided to detour to the Urgent Care just to make sure it wasn't broken and that I would ultimately live to see the Grand Canyon.

I hit it just right and walked straight in (well, limped....). Xrays confirmed it was not broken, I passed on the pain pills and left with instructions to take 2 Aleve 2 x a day as needed and a diagnosis of a bruised bone and contusion to the cuticle and skin. Yuk.

It's feeling better although a little achy if I'm on it too long.

It was just last year at this very same time that I was at the very same Urgent Care with the puncture wound to the same toe courtesy of Oscar Cat.

What is it with my feet and trips?

1 comment:

G Coyle said...

toe injuries always amaze me...hit it just right and it's soo painful. My old dog is struggling with a toe injury at present, but with 4 legs all she has to do is keep that one up when she walks. Were we homo-sapiens wrong to go with the upright thing?