Saturday, September 1, 2007

My New Seashell


So after suffering through Cingular (now AT&T) wireless for the past several years, my mom, Tim and I finally made the switch to Verizon. We got an awesome deal through Costco (you just have to love a company that reimburses you $85 that you never even spent!) and have been playing with our new razor phones for a week now.


Well, enter the hands free earpiece. It was FREE, along with two other accessories. I didn't have to spend $19.99 this go 'round. I'm on the phone A LOT and especially when driving so this is a good thing for me. Last week I needed my hands for scrapbooking when my dad called. I just plugged my little earpiece in and started chatting. Everything sounded good on my end and it was really nice to actually HAVE service in my house for a change.


Until my dad said I sounded like I was talking in a seashell! Huh? The beach is hundreds of miles away... I told him it sounded just fine on my end and I needed my hands. Well, he couldn't understand me and wasn't going to continue talking to his daughter on her seashell so I unplugged the stupid thing and stopped scrapbooking.


I ambled into a Verizon store at the mall the other day and discussed this situation. They basically told me that even a blue tooth wouldn't sound much better and unless I wanted to pay over $100 for hands free convenience, I was gonna have to just live with the feedback as they continued to call it.


So, if you call me and I sound like I'm at the beach, unfortunately I'm not. I'm just talking on my seashell.

2 comments:

G Coyle said...

I was thinking of using ATT cell phone service, but after reading this I'm having second thoughts. I've always had Verizon and it's been fine... is ATT bad here?

obsessed scrapbooker said...

The absolute pits from our experience...it's gotten progressively worse.