Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Johnny Cabinet Rebellion





We saw something on the news the other night, or maybe it was actually one of those late night talk shows, about women being attracted to men who are funny and charismatic....well, here is yet another example of how this perfectly describes my husband Tim.

I guess I should explain that I do have a bit of a thing about items being "lined up" on shelves, in cabinets, drawers, etc. Tim, who has the exact opposite problem, thinks this is weird and can't relate. He just calls my stuff soldiers and moves on.

Jump to the Johnny Cabinet in our bathroom. For those of you who don't know (like I didn't originally but it does make sense) a Johnny Cabinet is the cabinet that is made to hang over your toilet or "John". I get most of this cabinet for my makeup, skin care and hair products as well as some stray medicine that lives in there. Tim gets three spots. One for deodorant, one for the generic rogaine and one for his grecian keep-the-gray-away bottle. Three spots. Now, you wouldn't think that it would be that hard to keep these three little things in their designated spots among my products, would you?

Well, for the millionth time last night I noticed that his bottles had gotten all out of place and were mixed up among MY products, which I find annoying. I happened to casually mention that his guys had gotten out of alignment again (literally, this is what we call it) and he glanced over at me from the bed where he was reading and had that look on his face again, like "What the heck is she talking about?" and mumbles, "My wife, gotta love her...."

As usual, I put his guys back in place and sighed.

Fast forward to this morning when I open the cabinet for facial cleanser and much to my surprise, shock and astonishment, I found quite the rebellion going on in there!!!!!!!! Guys were everywhere, stuff was knocked over and word balloons were taped to products verbalizing the issues at hand....

I laughed out loud quite a few times this morning and realized that this is EXACTLY why I married this guy.....he makes me laugh....he pulls me out of my OCD world.....he makes me stop and smell the roses (or at least laugh at them)....

So, all day I've told Tim that he was trying to be funny and charismatic again....

And he just smiles.

Now, rebellion over. I'm off to get things back in order up there.




3 comments:

The husband speaks... said...

Gotta love this woman... yet it's amazing what a fine line exists between being "funny and charismatic" and becoming simply annoying... :]

G Coyle said...

I suggest sending his "soldiers" on a rotation outta there! Could you install a mini quonset hut somewhere in the bathroom so his three good "men" can ooze their contents and generally be misbehaving "boys"? I am of the firm belief that men and women NEVER share a bathroom...for the reasons you so perfectly describe. I also think men should probably live in "man-shacks" behind the main house, but that's another discussion.

Old Dad said...

I'm with "Hubby"!