Monday, August 20, 2007

Restin' in Peace


It's been exactly one month ago today that we lost Oscar, my cat of over 16 years. And it's been a hard month. Even with our other furry critter here, our big ol' house has still seemed very empty without our buddy around. Garden Kitty has tried super hard to be extra sweet and she's taken over the spot next to my leg on the bed at night. As hard as it is to lose a pet, I still believe it's worth the pain for the unconditional love they give you. I wouldn't trade those 16 years and 5 months at all. Picture taken on his last weekend with us....

3 comments:

RaeChelle said...

E - he is so cute! I love the picture you got of him. Your memories are precious!

Ann said...

He was a good boy. He had his rough spots, but I've never met a cat I didn't like, Oscar included.

And he had a great life. Other cats should be so lucky!

Old Dad said...

He always bit me -- not so nice a cat!