Thursday, December 6, 2007

Holiday Parties and Playing Dress Up


You know, when I was a little girl I liked to play dress up. Put me in a big, fancy, swirling dress, high heel shoes and big earrings and I was in seventh heaven for hours. Every year on my birthday meant buying a pretty dress for my birthday portrait. In high school, I never thought twice about wearing a skirt to school. I did it all the time. Small heels too. Short skirts and little black dresses during the college years. Somewhere along the line, I stopped liking all that stuff. Well, not that I don't LIKE it, I just don't ENJOY wearing it!

Underneath this black and white dress are torture devices! Everything that can be is tummy tucked in tightly and to my horror and dismay, it's spilling over the top of the torture devices. I was okay till I sat down at work this morning, all dressed and ready for the Historic Landmarks Christmas Party tonight. Suddenly, I realized that I was super uncomfortable and was going to be for the next 12 hours.

I survived it but I am heading upstairs right now to gladly peel myself out of it all. I'm cold, my tummy has indentions everywhere and my feet hurt. Give me my jeans, a comfy sweater and mules any day.

1 comment:

G Coyle said...

ditto - know just what yoy mean.