Sunday, March 28, 2010

Little Jaunt to Lexington













A couple of weekends ago, mom and I took off and headed to Lexington, KY for the day. Tim, once again, had to remain at home and work on tax stuff and video editing stuff!

We went to a little show that's held monthly in an old warehouse building and then hit a couple of antique shops/malls nearby, two used bookstores and a little local restaurant with just THE BEST burgers ever! I ran into an "old friend", my little plastic Marx vanity table. I had one just like it as a child and LOVED it. I now regret that it was sold at a yard sale. I just can't bring myself to buy one when I stumble upon them in an antique mall or flea market because it's not the one I actually had. I'm silly like that with toys from my past!

The tin can Tin Man was taken just for you Jamie!!! Hope you are reading!

Found some goodies, once again mainly for my etsy shop! I found some great old children's books and readers as usual as well as a stack of 11 old JC Penney/Sears catalogs from the 1950s and 1960s. They showed up just in time as I had a huge custom order for catalog pages depicting infant and children's wear right after I got those! Fun old advertising and pictures!

2 comments:

janie said...

Hey Elizabeth! I had one of those vanity sets too! Mine had a little styrofoam set that you could lift the lid off for storage. Did yours have the same seat? I got the set for my 4th Christmas and it was one of my most favored presents. Janie

obsessed scrapbooker said...

I can't believe you had the same one Janie! I'm sure mine came from a yard sale as it originally came out in the late 60s. I don't remember a seat, I bet I didn't have it!