Sunday, March 14, 2010

Books, Books and More Books







Imagine that! Last Saturday, Mom and I took off and headed north to do a little antiquing. It was a beautiful day and Tim unfortunately had to work on taxes and dvd production so we just went on without him! I must confess that I had gone to a book sale first thing in the morning and found a few books, not as many as I would have liked, but worth the trouble anyway!

Anyway, picked up mom and we headed to Seymour where we ate at a local diner and then made our way to Edinburgh to the Exit 76 Antique Mall. Had we known the treasures we would find, we would have high tailed it up there earlier than we did! I found tons of great vintage children's book and readers as well as a handful of other kinds and a game or two for my etsy shop!

We closed the place down and in fact, stayed ONE HOUR after closing! I made myself stop looking at 5:45, thinking that 15 minutes, maybe 20 or 25 max, would be more than enough time to check out! WRONG! Thank goodness the manager Nic, who is just the best guy and still remembers me from the days when I had booths there, was willing to stay late and make that sale!

Mom also found a few goodies for her collections! We grabbed a quick bite to eat at Taco Bell and then headed home in the dark!

Pictured are some of my finds!

1 comment:

Jennifer Bontrager said...

Ooh some of those books look so cute! That little hallmark book and the Victoria Plum book look adorable! How lucky you are to have such wonderful finds!
froggie.22@juno.com