Sunday, February 28, 2010

Flea Market and Scrapbook Convention
















I didn't get to go to the Stewart's Flea Market first thing Friday due to a retirement party for one of my fellow co-workers at work. So, I decided I still needed to go Saturday even though probably all the good stuff and good deals would be gone! Ha ha! I had also forgotten about the CKC scrapbook convention that was also going on at the Fairgrounds because it just never made it onto my calendar!

I convinced mom to go over with me and we hit the flea market first. Right off the bat, I found three giant boxes of bubble envelopes for a killer of a price! Cha ching! I was thrilled! The vendor helped me get them out to my SUV and said he could bring more to the next flea market! YAY! They were smaller bags which I was running out of so I was happy to find these!

Ran over to the junk guy and found a handful of things even though all his good stuff goes first thing Friday! (Usually to me, ha ha!) We hit a couple of other vendors and found some good old children's books and vintage party goods! Neat old furnace advertising plates, silver glittery Christmas picks, rolls of vintage carnival tickets, a box of old Esso receipts, a few photographs, an old Ladies Home Journal magazine and an old talcum powder tin to name a few of the goodies we found!

So then we headed over to the Vendor Faire at the CKC convention. It was a bit pricey to get into even with $3 per person discount coupons. There were some good products though and we especially fell in love with the Clear Scraps acrylic and chipboard albums! They are a company out of Colorado. Check out their website! Their design team ROCKED! Finally got to watch a demo of the alcohol inks so now I know what that's all about! Picked up some new Sassafras Lass, Graphic 45, October Afternoon and Websters Pages papers!

All in all a good day even if a day late!

No comments: