Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cookies with Rosie









Sunday was our annual Decorated Cookies with Rosie Day! I started cutting out cookies and baking them at 9:30 in the morning. I prepped the kitchen which is no easy task, made colored icing and set out an array of sugar sprinkles and non-perils! Rosie arrived around 1:00 and we spent the next 3 hours decorating away!

Rosie's green icing knife kept leaping off the table and onto the floor so I ended up with a super clean section of my floor as it kept getting washed! We had a continuous good laugh about the knife's antics! Rosie got very creative with fancy designs for the cookies and she made Tim's big giant blob cookie striped and loaded with sprinkles! Just the way he likes it! At one point we thought we were all done and then I discovered a whole rack of undecorated cookies on top of the microwave! Eek! Finally we were finished and Tim taste tested a few for us and they passed inspection!

Since we still had a little time left, Rosie helped me make the Rolo pretzel treats so I can now scratch that off my baking list too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizbeth,

Do you have a recipe for peanut butter fudge?

obsessed scrapbooker said...

You know, I really don't! Sorry! You might google a recipe for it!