Monday, June 8, 2009

Junkin' Saturday









Mom and I went back to a yard sale Saturday morning that I had been to Friday. The seller promised she'd have fabric and notions. She did have fabric and some old patterns which I got for a great price! Then we headed over to Louisville to an estate sale with "70 years accumulation". I don't know about that but they did have a few good things including books for 25 cents each (mom found a couple of cookbooks and I got a neat old typing book and someone's personl recipe book), some old photo frames including an art deco frame, a hand, a vintage tablecloth and dishtowel and a couple of stands and shelves! I ended up with a whole bag full of old brass photo frames that I am hoping to someday fill with collages (when I have time, ha ha).

We stopped at a thrift store along the way and I found a great pair of vintage shoes to sell and mom found a beautiful vintage bride doll and an old wedding cake topper! Then on to a couple of flea markets where I scored a batch of old postcards, a sewing tin, ric rac and appliques, an old Avon bottle to decorate, vintage Christmas, old books, and a great box of 1960s Spanish flash cards!

No comments: