Sunday, March 9, 2008

Yep, That's Right, It's Gourmet Dinner Night At Our House


Well, at least my husband thought it was going to be...no, actually he knew better than that but he thought he was going to be super funny and take pictures of just how low we'd sunk.

Yes, people, we have paper plates first and foremost. I NEVER use paper plates but being that the dishwasher was almost full and we were out of small Pfaltzgraff ones it seemed to be the thing to do. I decided to try out an old familiar friend, country ham and biscuits, and see how they did with my absent gallbladder. I only overcooked the ham a tad, just out of practice it would seem. Leftover harvest apples from Friday night and packaged Toll House cookies for dessert completed our gourmet menu.

My sweet husband actually said, "Oh, you made cookies, it's been a long time since I've had homemade cookies!" And, I pointed out that they weren't homemade, they were the knock offs from a package. Still being sweet he says, "Well, you made them at home though."

Gotta love this guy.

Except when he mentioned the ham being a little tough. Like I said, outta practice. This is maybe the second dinner I've actually cooked, not just heated up or brought in, in 5 weeks.

No comments: