Sunday, March 23, 2008

Here Comes Peter Cottontail Driving Down The Bunny Trail











Mom said she was tired of seeing me in the same clothes every time she saw me! Which is true....jeans, sweatsuits, black shirts, black sweaters, black and more black! So, I departed from the norm, completely, and dug out this skirt I never had anything to wear with and it worked with the new blazer I got the other day so there I was, no black to be seen, brown, yes, no pants and looking sort of Elsie-like as we left for mom's house for dinner at 1:00. Yummy! Lots of good food with everyone kicking in and bringing something. My aunt and uncle came down and brought the ham along with Tim's favorite baked beans and mom's favorite deviled eggs. I made my Macaroni and Cheese casserole and mom did the rest. I worked up the centerpiece with the new petal cake I found yesterday at a thrift store ($1!!!!!) and added my vintage Easter car/bunnies that Tim picked out from my collection, some candy eggs, and easter grass and plastic eggs around the base of the cake stand to finish it off. Fun! Everyone got a chocolate bunny on their napkin and an egg with Cadbury's chocolate eggs inside (my favorite!). My aunt brought me an entire roll of yummy vintage easter wrapping paper! Love it!

Tim and I each had a little gift for one another so we opened them when we arrived back home....GK got him some Peeps and I gave him a giant Bunny Pez dispenser...figured he could eat the Pez and we'll display the dispenser with our Easter and candy collections! He gave me a box of Vintage Happy Bunny easter egg colors and a package of vintage egg decorations! How fun is that?!

Now all I have to do is score a box of my Russell Stover chocolate covered marshmallow eggs tomorrow half price at Walgreens and I will be a happy camper!

2 comments:

Yellow Fence said...

You won a contest on our blog. Stop by and check it out.

Melissa said...

Smirley-girl today is your day! You won the Artist Trading Card entitled "Honey's Bunny"!
Please email me you name and address and I'll send it out to you! My email: Tootieu@yahoo.com

Smiles-
Tootie
www.honeygirlstudio.blogspot.com