Monday, April 28, 2008

How We Spent Monday



Well, today certainly didn't go as planned. I was in the middle of taking pictures of things to list on Etsy and mom was going to come over and help me with listings all day when I got a call from Tim. Whenever you get a call from your husband that starts off with him saying, "Don't panic, I'm basically okay but I just fell at work and my left hip hurts pretty bad," your heart starts pounding and you fear the worst. I managed to pull myself together and grab a few things and head over to his work in Louisville to pick him up and take him to the ER.

In a nutshell or two, he was going to his car to get a Churchill Downs pass for someone else to use this week and his left foot got hung up in a garden hose that was stretched across the driveway area and through a fence to water some grass. He went down and landed on his left side and hip. Hard. Thank God nothing is broken according to xrays and a CT Scan done today. He is having a lot of pain in his rib area and they said to watch that and he may need an MRI if it doesn't get better soon-could be a hairline. He can't put any weight on his hip/leg right now without experiencing excruciating pain. (He's definitely bruised the bone and tendons and stretched tendons per the doctor.) They gave him crutches and pain meds and told him to stay off it the rest of the week till he can follow up with his primary care doctor Friday. Poor guy, he had a horrible time getting up our stairs because the railing was on the left side, not the right. He basically had to do the old, sit on your bottom and pull yourself up one by one routine until he couldn't stand the pain in his chest/rib cage from having to pull his weight up.

I'm plumb worn out myself and after three weeks of feeling pretty well recovered FINALLY from my gallbladder surgery, my midsection is aching like the Dickens tonight...so off to take a load of Advil and check on my patient.

No comments: