Monday, April 14, 2008

Couponing, Rebating, Deals, Deals, and More Deals

Well, I scored but let me just say, I stink at couponing! I really, really do!

I get all confused and can't figure out anything with numbers and I get all mixed up on buy 2 get whatever off...it was truly a Target nightmare today!

Target had Pepsi 12 packs on sale for $3 each but if you bought $15 worth you got a $5 gift card back, making them $2 each. Then there was a printable target coupon for $1 off 2 of the 12 packs, ultimately making them $1.50 each!!! As much Diet Dew as Tim drinks, this was a deal not to be missed!

I bought a total of 5 Diet Mt. Dews/Reg Mt. Dew/Diet Sierra Mist on one transaction, totally forgetting that I needed to buy 10 to make my coupons even out! I was all focused on the fact that I'd get that $5 gift card and could use it for the next 5 if I paid separately! Then I bought 5 more on a separate receipt and used the gift card. I completely forgot to give the cashier any coupons on the second transaction!!!

Didn't catch that till after the fact when I sat down to look over the receipt, so I went to customer service and she gave me back my $1 since between two receipts I had the right no. And, took off two more since I forgot to give them on that second transaction! Ugh.

Then the sponges. Okay, I got 2 packs of Cello faucet sponges for 1.60 each on clearance. Take off the $1 off coupon from a Target printable and another mfg coupon for buy 2 get $1 off so I got them for .10 each. Then I bought 2 scrubber sponges for the same thing except the coupon came off at the bottom and I got all confused. By then the girl was all confused because I handed her 10 coupons for my 5Pepsi products forgetting that I was to only give her 5 since they were $1 off 2 of the 12 packs! So, I think in the very end, she was freaking out majorly and I was ready to find a hole, I made $1. I think she took one coupon off too many! Oops!

Then on to the Target in Clarksville for more drinks! Scored a lot more Diet Dews there. As I was walking in the store this loudmouth girl screams out to her friend "Oh she got all the Diet Mt. Dews!" I turned around and said, "Yeah, I did, sorry, they said the Pepsi guy would be coming in again tonight or tomorrow morning." (trying to be helpful) I'm meanwhile thinking you know, there was no limit and they didn't have hardly any anyway and I've gone many a place and whatever I go for is out already and that's just how it is.

Then I'm in line and the cashier gets ready to ring up a 6 pack of Diet Mt. Dew bottles and the girl in line behind me says ",Oh, no that's mine"....and I said, "Yeah, that's not mine" and the girl says "Yeah, she bought all the Diet Mt Dew cans and I thought there was a limit one person could get" and I said, "No there wasn't a limit on this deal" and the cashier said the same thing and that loudmouth is going on and on....I swear! Is it worth it?

The sponges at this Target were $1.14 each on clearance therby making me money on two of them! I could only get one more so I just used a $1 off coupon and spent only .14! Except I really didn't spend the .14 as I got that overage!

I did get a 16 oz bag of cat food for free with a coupon I had and two bags of cat treats for free with more coupons! And, two cans of Sheba (fancy, shmancy wet cat food) for .58 cents each on clearance and I had a coupon for buy one get one free! Cheaper than her Meow Mix cans I normally buy! :]

And, lunch was a bargain too! Personal Pan Pizza at Target Pizza Hut Express and free breadsticks (inedible...brought them home to reheat later and the lady dumped more cheesy spicy stuff on them for me) and $1 off coupon that was generated at the first Target! Lunch for $2 something!

Then on to Staples since I was right there going to Lowe's and I got a 3 pk of permanent markers that I got to rebate online and save a stamp! 4.99 value!

And, got my free Colgate and Samy Shampoo at Rite Aid on the way home to rebate, they were already out of Aqua Fresh and Adidas deoderant...oh and this is the best of all making up for the Target embarrasement! I had $60 in Rite Aid gift cards from Rx transfers we just did and it would take me forever to use that there, their prices are so high and I don't shop there normally, and so I asked if I could buy other gift cards for places with the R.A. gift cards. The mgr didn't know but said we could try and it totally worked! So, I got two $25 gift cards and a $15 one for gifts! Cool huh?

The funniest thing of all is that I never even use sponges except for my glass top stove and only 2 out of the 8 sponges I bought (three were 2 packs!) will maybe work for that! But we'll never have to buy a sponge again!

No comments: