Sunday, August 22, 2010

KY State Fair











Yes folks, it's that time again! This year I once again entered layouts for the Scrapbooking section and won a First Place for Junior's Christmas layout and a Second Place for my Birthday layout! I also received an Honorable Mention for the Travel layout and the Misc layout. The only one that didn't get a ribbon was the Family layout. I never did have time to make a special layout for the entry so I entered a layout I had done awhile back of my 60s dad! Fun but nothing super fancy!

Mom and I both entered quite a few things in the Antiques section again this year. Mom took home a First Place for her antique coverlet with the hand painted silk as well as an Honorable Mention for her group photo!

My children's mittens, still in the original box, received a Third Place ribbon and I was given an Honorable Mention for the Wash Up Kit in the Misc category and the Dennison Doll set in the Toy category!!

So, this is the "toot your own horn" post and I'll try to get some other State Fair pictures up soon!

No comments: