Monday, December 22, 2008

And Then Came The Readers!






I've been trying to get to this bookstore in Louisville all month and finally made it over last Friday. Poor mom, she said she'd wait in the car and read while I looked. Neither one of us had any idea I'd be in there for 2 hours plus! We were beyond starving when I finally reappeared loaded down with wonderful old children's books and readers! Treasures! They were having their semi annual sale and while they were still a little on the pricey side, I decided I had to have them for my etsy shop! One book has wormed its way into my heart so I will be keeping it! It's an advertising piece from a bank in Louisville dated 1946. Four pages have spots to put your coins in! It's too adorable! I couldn't wait to get home that night and pour through them and then pack them up in boxes until they could be listed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way cool! I would have stayed there longer than 2 hrs..LOL! Happy Holidays!

Sandy xox

April said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE that saving book-too cute! I saw your comment on Laurie's blog and decided to check yours out-it's super fun! I'll be back;)