Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Once Every 5-10 Year Migraine


Well, whethere I needed one or not, I got one at work Tuesday. Oh my...it had been so long I couldn't figure out what was happening! It started when I was finishing up lunch at home with Tim. I was trying to carry his tray back downstairs and with all the flashing before my eyes I could hardly see to walk down the stairs. I thought it was just the bright sunlight outside.

By the time I got back to work and started typing on the computer, the pounding was getting worse by the minute. I was trying to type with one hand and squeeze the pain from my head with the other. By the time I got nauseaous and thought I was going to die right then and there, it dawned on me what was happening. Migraine.

Fortunately, this one didn't last the usual hour as in migraines past but it was still most unpleasant and I was trying to ward off the anxiety the whole time in addition.

So, got through that, sat in my office with the lights off and monitor screen dimmed and managed to get through the rest of the day. Came home, took the trash to the curb, stuck a casserole in the oven (thankfully I'd made it Mon night) and collapsed on the sofa.

Don't want to do that for another ten if ever.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I used to get them too, on a monthly basis, but haven't had one in a long, long time. They are miserable, aren't they?

Hopefully you'll never have another one!

The Tattered Rose said...

You have my sincerest sympathy. They are awful. I hope one day I won't know what it is because I haven't had one in so long. May it be another 10 years before you have another.