Saturday, March 22, 2008

Gosh, A Week Goes By So Fast!



Here it is Saturday already and I've been a slacker on my blog updating! Here are some thrift and antique store finds from during the week! One of my favorite treasures was the bag of white plastic letters and numbers I found! Love them! I've already put them in a jar in my scrapbook room. Not sure that I could ever part with them. Mom and I went antiquing and junking on Friday, it was SO beautiful out we just kept going! It really seemed like a warm spring day as the afternoon progressed. So nice to be out. We found a few treasures, had a wonderful lunch at The Butterfly Garden on Bardstown Rd., went to Derby City Antique Mall, a nice little antique shop off Bardstown Rd. that we didn't even know was there but were told about at lunch and a handful of thrift stores.

I had a million errands to run today and over the course of 7 hours (how is it that time goes so fast?) I got most of them done including grocery shopping at Wal Mart along with the other 500 people on the day before Easter! However, I did manage to squeeze in a stop at a favorite thrift store where I just always find good stuff as well as one I'd never been to before and had always meant to check out!! I got some jars for my scrapbook room and one with a cute star imprinted lid for hard candy in the kitchen, some rolls of lace, a hand pieced quilt top with roses all over it, all those flowers/blossoms for $1 (what a deal, all that for $1!!), half alphabet blocks from a game and my very favorite find...the flower petal cake!!! It was such a treasure and we are going to use it as part of the centerpiece for dinner at Mom's tomorrow!

No comments: