Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Kroger Nightmare and Yet Another Flea Market











So, we set off for the Stewart's Flea Market yesterday and stopped by Kroger on the way so that Tim could redeem his free drink coupon at Starbucks. (I had loaded a gift card for his birthday because of this promotion...however, the only drink he gets there is hot apple cider and the coupon for the free one expires 8/31! It's not exactly hot apple cider season but nonetheless he was gonna give it a valiant try.) So, the first problem was that they wouldn't accept the coupon. It can only be used at a corporate store. So that means a trip to downtown Louisville. While he was dealing with all that I trotted off to get a piece of baked chicken for lunch. I thought that would be more digestible than a big beef dog at the fairgrounds.

So, it went something like this: No chicken because the steamer case was broken. So I asked if they could make a sandwich. Well, yes they could but one employee was already having a breakdown because she was making a big roast beef sub for another customer and she had no training to do so. (Now, the obvious question here is "how hard is it make a sandwich?") So, another employee says she'll make mine. Ham, cheese, mayo. That's all I need to be happy. They don't have any sharp cheddar. No Hoffman's Super Sharp, no Sharp of any kind. So, off we go to the deli counter. No Sharp except Boar's Head and they can't use Boar's Head ($$$). I said I'd pay extra. Back to make the sandwich. Then we have to choose chips. Too many choices. No Baked Lays Potato Chips. End up with Baked Doritos which now I do not recommend. Edible but not great. Got sandwich and then we have to pay for sandwich! It turned out to be a better deal to get the combo with a drink and two cookies for just 15 cents extra, which the girl had originally offered me but I had water in the car and didn't need a drink. But, for 15 cents, I couldn't pass that up! So, they had to void the sale. Then start over. Then they forgot to charge me tax. But they let that go. So, forever later, we finally left Kroger, Tim drank the Diet Coke instead of the Hot Apple Cider and I ate my tasteless sandwich and chips in the car! But the good news was that it didn't tear up my stomach. Should that have been so hard though?

So then off to the flea which turned out to be much larger than I had anticipated so we spent the rest of the day there! Found some great things for my etsy shop and visited with a few of our dealer friends. Went out for yummy mexican dinner last night and hit the Goodwill (only had to pay $2 as I had a full punch card!). More goodies there including Tim finding fog juice for his fog machine for Halloween!

1 comment:

Ann said...

One thing's for sure, you seem to have adventures wherever you go!