Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Evansville Weekend


So after our whirlwind dash through yard sale heaven, we came home and packed up for another trip! Mom, Tim and I went to Evansville and spent the day hitting their many antique malls. We spent the night at a lovely Bed & Breakfast called Cool Breeze. Mom stayed in the Margret Mitchell Room and Tim and I had the McGuffy Room. Loved the vintage bathroom! The gracious owners served a delicious breakfast the next morning and I came home with David's wonderful potato pancake recipe! On to the fairgrounds for the flea market and antique show. We hadn't anticipated the long line of cars waiting to get in and it took a half an hour to get off the main road and into the fairgrounds! We couldn't have had better weather for August! It was cool in the morning and no humidity! Found a shady spot to park the car and we were off! So many fun treasures! So many things that came home with me for my etsy shop!!! Almost immediately I found old anatomy and surgery books! Awesome pictures and color plates! A wonderful album of old valentines and post cards that had belonged to a schoolteacher who taught in a one room schoolhouse years ago! I almost bypassed one vendor as he wasn't too nice the last time...well, glad I didn't! I saw another old Montgomery Ward catalog from the 30s, well what was left of it, but underneath....a vintage wallpaper sample book from Montgomery Ward! I was beside myself! I've been looking for one for several months and still hadn't found one! Best of all would you believe I paid about $1 for it? Later in the day I scored another one!!!!! And another $1 was spent!!!! Craziness! Tim was wonderful and rolled the overflowing cart to the car many a time for me! We closed the place down at 4 and went to eat at the Black Buggy, an Amish style restaurant. It was pretty good and we were hungry for a meal! The drive home passed rather quickly as we talked about our goodies in the trunk! We made a quick stop in Corydon for a break and hit the Goodwill where I found a vintage plastic santa and two scrabble games!!!

No comments: