Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Husband Likes to Decorate Just A Little





I guess it all goes back to his movie making background or something but when he says he's going to decorate for Halloween he means it! He spent most of today working on lighting the front yard and porch, pulling out a monster face and lighting it, and adding the piece de la resistance to the whole scenario, the hearse. Yep, can we get any more in the spirit than having a 1980s white hearse parked in the driveway complete with a casket and skeleton in it?

Can I tell ya how many people pulled over tonight to take a picture? With the neighbors next door and across the street all lit up and decorated this end of the street was pretty enticing! There was lots of picture taking and trick or treaters. The nice weather (high 60s) brought them out in droves too I think.

As usual, we have way too much candy leftover...guess I didn't need to make the emergency stop at Walgreens tonight for more. I just knew I had enough but Tim got worried with the good weather and all. At least it's stuff we like!

2 comments:

G Coyle said...

congratulations on the frightening yardwork! I actally got a little chill when we got near the hearse. Your end of Main St was great and we loved the fog curling out of your area as we made our way up. My vote for best halloween display is all yours.

obsessed scrapbooker said...

Well, gee thanks! And there I was at Target bright (no wait, it was still dark) and early this morning getting him some half price goodies for next year...there's word of a graveyard...