Sunday, January 4, 2009

Flea Market Fun













New Year's Day was the annual Stewart's Flea Market, New Year's Spectacular at the Louisville Fairgrounds. We look forward to it every year and count the days till it arrives! We picked mom up and made our usual stop at Hardee's for biscuits (yummy!) and then headed on over. We got there before the crowds got too bad (and they got really bad!) I headed straight for the junk guy (where I got some absolutely fabulous vintage valentines) getting sidetracked at the Christmas booth pictured above and one other where I picked up a gift for mom. I stocked up on bottle caps for my etsy shop in another booth, found a few little things to put away for Tim for gifts, a vintage Mr. Potato Head box for my collection and some other goodies for etsy including some wonderful children's books and old catalogs! We almost closed the show down after putting in about 8 hours! Ran into a handful of friends, fellow collectors and dealers that we are chummy with!

No comments: