Thursday, January 1, 2009

After Christmas Sales








In my book that means sales! Half price or more! I rolled out of bed at the early hour of 5:45 am and got dressed. Mom decided to go with me after all. I think she was afraid she might miss out on something good!

We stopped by two Walgreens on the way to the mall and arrived at Hallmark by 7:20 am. Saw some familiar faces from last year's line up! Managed to score the ornaments I was looking for at half price. I only purchased one prior to Christmas and that was mainly because I had rewards coupons and I only had to spend $2 out of pocket!

Checked out Dillard's Christmas and mom found some ornaments she wanted. I got one small Annalee reindeer and a beautiful Christmas sweater for next season! Then we hit a couple of other stores so we could get a tree for mom half price. One of hers broke last year. Finally found one at Walnut Ridge 60% off and we had a coupon for another 10% off! Can't beat that!

Saturday night I found out that Walgreens had taken their Christmas down to 75% off! It was far too late and too dark to jump in the car and hit the 24 hour store. I couldn't wait for morning to come so I could go. I LOVE their wrapping paper and while I probably already had enough to last the next 5 years, I just couldn't pass it up for 50 cents a roll! Also found Walkers Shortbread for 87 cents and Hershey's kisses and M&Ms for 62 cents! Shopped not only for myself but also for my mom and aunt who put in their orders via phone! Picked up some beautiful Christmas cards for $1.74 and $1 respectively. A dove foil wrapped chocolate for my treat, yum! In fact, it was so tasty today that I decided I should get some more while they were only 24 cents each! And since my mom highly recommended the Hershey's Santa (which I'd put in her stocking, I mean Santa put in her stocking) I stocked up on them for 12 cents each! Bargain Bonanza!

No comments: