Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Got Rear Ended Last Week



Yep, got rear ended. After spending 5 hours fighting with picture developing at Walgreens last Wednesday, I headed to Wal Mart and cut up Daisy Ln. I never drive Daisy Ln. and am just not familiar with the road. About half way up, I approached a 3 way intersection that I found very confusing and when I saw the word STOP painted on the road in front of me I was unsure as to whether or not that was meant for me or the slight lane next to me. Everyone was stopped at the two other intersections, so I thought I'd better slow down, stop and check things out before heading onward. That's when I got rear ended.

Fortunately, the driver of the pick up truck that hit me was a nice guy (even if he was apparently following too closely) and very cooperative. No one was hurt (I did have a little whiplash for a couple of days but that went away thankfully!) and the policeman didn't issue him a citation. I got an estimate last Friday for the damage and had a certified check in hand Sunday afternoon.

Took my SUV to the dealership last night and they will be replacing and painting my new bumper today.

1 comment:

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Ouch! At least the driver that rear ended you was nice and not some foul mouthed jerk (I had one of those once - bad potty mouth!)