Thursday, December 13, 2007

Scrapbooking Procrastination


I am not normally much of a procrastinator. But, there are a few things I just put off and put off and doing layouts in our house remodeling scrapbooks is one of them. I like to put them out at the Christmas open house so friends and neighbors can see just how far we've come with this ol' house. Last year, I hadn't done one single new layout and vowed to get caught up over the next 12 months in 2007.

Well, here I am three days before the open house frantically corner rounding photos and trying to bust out some new pages. The problem is that the style I started with in 2000 is basic and boring so these are just not layouts I get all excited about doing! But, since we are now in volume three, I feel that they should be consistent and look pretty much the same plus, really, I always have a lot of photos to squeeze on a page so there is something to be said for simple and boring.

Well, being that I'm pretty much ready for the open house and had a little extra time in between dusting and baking, I pulled out the mound of pictures that had accumulated since, um, 2004 (yep, three years going on four years behind)and started scrappin'. It's really gone pretty fast and I'm proud to say that I'm caught up to May 2007 with the new basement floor!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Well, thank heavens! I would have been REALLY upset if there weren't new scrapbooks for me to look at Sunday :)

obsessed scrapbooker said...

I did them just for YOU! YOU can most certainly appreciate old house restoration, right?