Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Anyone Want To Help Tim Brush The Cat's Teeth?

Seeking applicants now for this super great job! Otherwise, I get stuck with it! So, back to the vet tonight for her follow up from the dental and tooth pulling (what was left of it). All looked well from the cleaning, and we left armed with all sorts of goodies including the referral and name of the cat dentist in Indy...and it's not just Indy, no it's CARMEL. Even farther away! (I was quick to point out to Tim, however, that at least we could hit Memoirs while poor little Garden Kitty was getting her full mouth xrays and tooth extractions if it comes to that, if not, we'll go anyway and they can sit in the car!)

We also got a cat toothbrush and toothpaste that supposedly tastes like fish and nuts, and some liquid oral mouth rinse. Now, I want to know why when we go for our dentals we get a free name brand toothbrush and toothpaste and GK's products cost us a good twenty-some dollars tonight. I find it unfair.

So, the plan is this. Three times a week Tim and his helper will attempt to brush GK's teeth. Funny isn't it? At least there is a fighting chance that she'll let him in the long run. And we can be assured he won't lose any fingers in the process cause she's just not a biter.

Then he has to put a dab of this blue gel stuff on his finger and smear it on each cheek inside her mouth and I forget how often that is. Maybe twice a week? Or daily maybe. Anyway, the bottle will last two months refrigerated.

This is gonna make for some great pictures and scrapbook pages. I'm sure you can hardly wait. I know Tim can't.

2 comments:

Ann said...

And the next time I cat sit will be . . . ?

I am sure Rosie would be enchanted at the idea of brushing GK's teeth.

obsessed scrapbooker said...

Well, we wouldn't have the nerve to put that on the instruction sheet....I'm sure GK wouldn't mind the break anyway.